Updated: Aug 10, 2022
The Alaqsite’w Gitpu School is hosting a Treaty Education Fair on October 22nd in the gym, where students will showcase projects related to their understanding of Treaty Education and the Treaty Relationship. Students can focus their projects on culture, history, treaties, hunting & fishing, ceremonies, stories and much more. All students are encouraged to reach out to family, parents, elders, and community for inspiration and help with their projects.
Students will compete in one of three categories: Elementary School, Mi’gmaq Immersion and Middle School. Each winner will have their projects shared in the LMG Wi’gatign (Newspaper).
• Projects can be done individually, in pairs, small groups, or whole classes
• Projects must demonstrate your understanding and knowledge of our Treaties and Treaty Relationship
• Projects can share our culture, history, stories, ceremonies, ancestors, science, connections to Mother Earth, and much more!
• Projects should incorporate Mi’gmaq Language in some aspect
• It can consist of paintings, artifacts with descriptions, oral and/or written stories, poster boards, videos, music, fashion-clothing, sculptures etc. Project ideas are endless!
If you have any questions, please contact Jacob Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 418-788-3100.